Orange Crush Syrup
|This glass has slightly tapered sides. The glass is very similar to the one in Petretti's Soda Pop Collectors Guide on Page 208. The glass in Petretti's book appears to be a straight sided glass, where this one is tapered.|
The Orange Crush
Company was incorporated in 1916 by Clayton J. Howel of Los Angeles,
California. He had previously introduced the successful soft drink
syrup, Howel’s Orange Julep. He worked with his partner, Neil C. Ward to
perfect the formula for a new and improved orange-flavored soft drink.
Their invention was introduced as Ward’s Orange Crush. Today the Orange
Crush brand is owned by the Dr Pepper Snapple Group in Plano, Texas.
This glass was made by the Federal Glass Company, as shown by the cap “F” and shield marking on the base. Federal Glass began using this marking after 1930. It reads, “Orange-Crush Fruit Flavored Beverage”. This type of glass was used at soda fountains in the 1930s. The line across the base indicated the amount of syrup to be added to the glass. Then the carbonated water would be added to finish the drink.